Timelapse Video of the Creation of a Rainbow Teething Necklace
This time-lapse video shows how to make a silicone, baby-proof teething necklace.
What you need:
- 1.5mm nylon cord
- BPA free silicone beads. This necklace uses 17mm hexagon beads, 15mm and 19mm round beads
- Breakaway clasp
- Pliers - I use round nose pliers for tightening the knots.
- Measure and cut your cord. You want the necklace to hang to almost bust level to enable baby to grab the beads whilst feeding. Try 72-75 cm.
- Thread the beads onto the cord in the style you would like. Babies enjoy a combination of colours and shapes. For younger babies, try monochrome designs. As they get a little older you could try more colourful, chunky beads.
- Centre the beads and tie a knot on either side to secure in place.
- Slide on your breakaway claps and tie secure knots in the end. I use figure of 8 knots. Tighten with pliers.
- Trim off any excess cord and run over a flame to seal the ends. Pop the clasp together and you're all set!
We recommend safety testing all finished designs to the relevant parts of EN71 1,2 & 3 to ensure the necklace is safe.